This fast and easy to make cream of broccoli soup with barley grass is very smooth and thick. The presence of cumin gives it a unique taste.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 fresh broccoli cut into florets (if you can’t get fresh broccoli you can use frozen broccoli instead)
- 1 big potato, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- pinch of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon barley grass powder
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan, and saute onion and garlic until tender.
- Add in broccoli, potato, and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes, until vegetables are soft and tender.
- With a hand mixer or in a blender, blend until smooth.
- Return to the saucepan, and reheat.
- Season with salt, cumin, and pepper. Finally, sprinkle with barley grass.
- Swipe left/right to see more
Cream of Broccoli Soup with Barley Grass